Re: pgsql: Extend pg_publication_tables to display column list and row filt

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pgsql: Extend pg_publication_tables to display column list and row filt
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 2:00 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2022-05-19 08:59:13 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:

> > > Is this really something to be doing post-beta1?
> > >

> > I am sorry if we don't allow to make catalog changes post-beta1.
>
> I don't think there's a hard prohibition of catalog changes. But we should be
> careful doing them because it makes testing more painful etc.

I agree. In this case, it seemed like a better way to solve the
problem at hand. I have tried to explain the problem in -hackers
thread at [1] and the latest patch (which required the change in this
commit) for it is posted in email [2]. Can you please once check that?

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1KrXS0js9S0YFQRh9Vf5kaVOyz%3DNqA%3D0vMHvF1kxUJVkA%40mail.gmail.com
[2] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/OS0PR01MB5716FFBE5AACA8707C3420E994D89%40OS0PR01MB5716.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

--