Re: pgsql: Extend pg_publication_tables to display column list and row filt

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pgsql: Extend pg_publication_tables to display column list and row filt
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2022-05-19 08:59:13 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 8:40 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >
> > Amit Kapila <akapila@postgresql.org> writes:
> > > Extend pg_publication_tables to display column list and row filter.
> >
> > Is this really something to be doing post-beta1?
> >

> I am sorry if we don't allow to make catalog changes post-beta1.

I don't think there's a hard prohibition of catalog changes. But we should be
careful doing them because it makes testing more painful etc.

> If we can't do that then I can revert this and try to find a different
> solution to the problem?

What "problem"? This just seems like a feature in a problem's clothing? The
commit message says:

> This information will be useful to users and we also need this for the
> later commit that prohibits combining multiple publications with different
> column lists for the same table.

which doesn't at all strike me as a justification for committing it post
feature freeze, i.e. it sounds like a feature.

If you want to argue that it's a rough corner in v15 work, that it's worth
committing now, do that explicitly.

Greetings,

Andres Freund