Re: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension

От Mariel Cherkassky
Тема Re: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
As I mentioned earlier, I already have a running postgresql instance on the machibe but on different pathes. I didnt want to install another one with the default pathes because I didnt want people to think that the default pathes are the correct ones. If I'll install the package to the default values then the solution is just coppying the plpythonu.control to my instance`s extensions directory ?

On Sun, Jul 08, 2018 at 04:38:21PM +0300, Mariel Cherkassky wrote:
> When installing the postgresql10-plpython one of its dependencies is
> the  postgresql10-server. However, I dont want to install the server but as
> you can see it is a must. What can I do ?

All it does is install files allowing loading the language into the server as
extension; Why do you want the language without the server ?

[pryzbyj@database ~]$ rpm -ql postgresql10-plpython
/usr/pgsql-10/lib/plpython2.so
/usr/pgsql-10/share/extension/plpython2u--1.0.sql
/usr/pgsql-10/share/extension/plpython2u--unpackaged--1.0.sql
/usr/pgsql-10/share/extension/plpython2u.control
[...]
/usr/pgsql-10/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/plpython-10.mo
[...]

But anyway, is it a problem ?  You could let it install the server binaries to
/usr/pgsql-10 and then ignore them.  And actually I believe RH has the ability
for an admin to "prune" paths after package installation (The usual example is
/usr/share/doc).  You could do that if you want.

Or if you just want to look at the files, you can use rpm2cpio ./rpm |cpio -i --make

Or you can install it on a VM.

Justin

Сообщение: Re: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension
Сообщение: Re: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension