Re: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Jul 08, 2018 at 04:38:21PM +0300, Mariel Cherkassky wrote:
> When installing the postgresql10-plpython one of its dependencies is
> the  postgresql10-server. However, I dont want to install the server but as
> you can see it is a must. What can I do ?

All it does is install files allowing loading the language into the server as
extension; Why do you want the language without the server ?

[pryzbyj@database ~]$ rpm -ql postgresql10-plpython
/usr/pgsql-10/lib/plpython2.so
/usr/pgsql-10/share/extension/plpython2u--1.0.sql
/usr/pgsql-10/share/extension/plpython2u--unpackaged--1.0.sql
/usr/pgsql-10/share/extension/plpython2u.control
[...]
/usr/pgsql-10/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/plpython-10.mo
[...]

But anyway, is it a problem ?  You could let it install the server binaries to
/usr/pgsql-10 and then ignore them.  And actually I believe RH has the ability
for an admin to "prune" paths after package installation (The usual example is
/usr/share/doc).  You could do that if you want.

Or if you just want to look at the files, you can use rpm2cpio ./rpm |cpio -i --make

Or you can install it on a VM.

Justin

Сообщение: Re: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension
Сообщение: Re: where can I download the binaries of plpython extension