Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> BTW, decent regression tests could be written without the need to create
> >> enormous tables if the minimum rel size in create_plain_partial_paths()
> >> could be configured to something less than 1000 blocks.  I think it's
> >> fairly crazy that that arbitrary constant is hard-wired anyway.  Should
> >> we make it a GUC?
>
> > That was proposed before, and I didn't do it mostly because I couldn't
> > think of a name for it that didn't sound unbelievably corny.
>
> min_parallel_relation_size, or min_parallelizable_relation_size, or
> something like that?

You are right that such a variable will make it simpler to write tests for parallel query.  I have implemented such a guc and choose to keep the name as min_parallel_relation_size.  One thing to note is that in function create_plain_partial_paths(), curently it is using PG_INT32_MAX/3 for parallel_threshold to check for overflow, I have changed it to INT_MAX/3 so as to be consistent with guc.c.  I am not sure if it is advisable to use PG_INT32_MAX in guc.c as other similar parameters use INT_MAX.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.
Вложения