Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist
Дата
Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> BTW, decent regression tests could be written without the need to create
>> enormous tables if the minimum rel size in create_plain_partial_paths()
>> could be configured to something less than 1000 blocks.  I think it's
>> fairly crazy that that arbitrary constant is hard-wired anyway.  Should
>> we make it a GUC?

> That was proposed before, and I didn't do it mostly because I couldn't
> think of a name for it that didn't sound unbelievably corny.

min_parallel_relation_size, or min_parallelizable_relation_size, or
something like that?

> Also,
> the whole way that algorithm works is kind of a hack and probably
> needs to be overhauled entirely in some future release.  I'm worried
> about having the words "backward compatibility" thrown in my face when
> it's time to improve this logic.  But aside from those two issues I'm
> OK with exposing a knob.

I agree it's a hack, and I don't want to expose anything about the
number-of-workers scaling behavior, for precisely that reason.  But a
threshold on the size of a table to consider parallel scans for at all
doesn't seem unreasonable.