Re: psql tab completion for updatable foreign tables

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: psql tab completion for updatable foreign tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 1:34 AM, Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Personally, I think this is too fancy anyway.  I'd just complete all
>> views and foreign tables and be done with it.  We don't inspect
>> permissions either, for example.  This might be too confusing for users.
>
> Yeah, I think you're probably right.

I tend to agree.  When the rules were simple (i.e. pretty much nothing
was updateable) it might have made sense to make tab completion hew to
them, but they're complex enough now that I think it no longer does.
There are now three different ways that a view can be updateable
(auto, trigger, rule) and the rules are complex.

Based on that it sounds like we need a new version of this patch.  If
that's not going to happen RSN, we should mark this returned with
feedback and it can be resubmitted if and when someone finds the time
to update it.

Thanks,

--
Robert Haas