Re: trying again to get incremental backup

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: trying again to get incremental backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 7, 2023 at 9:42 AM Jakub Wartak
<jakub.wartak@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>     Comment: I was wondering if it wouldn't make some sense to teach
> pg_resetwal to actually delete all WAL summaries after any any
> WAL/controlfile alteration?

I thought that this was a good idea so I decided to go implement it,
only to discover that it was already part of the patch set ... did you
find some case where it doesn't work as expected? The code looks like
this:

    RewriteControlFile();
    KillExistingXLOG();
    KillExistingArchiveStatus();
    KillExistingWALSummaries();
    WriteEmptyXLOG();

> test_pending_2pc.sh - getting GOOD on most recent runs, but several
> times during early testing (probably due to my own mishaps), I've been
> hit by Abort/TRAP. I'm still investigating and trying to reproduce
> those ones. TRAP: failed Assert("summary_end_lsn >=
> WalSummarizerCtl->pending_lsn"), File: "walsummarizer.c", Line: 940

I have a fix for this locally, but I'm going to hold off on publishing
a new version until either there's a few more things I can address all
at once, or until Thomas commits the ubsan fix.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com