Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 11:16 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> Yep. Enforcing perfect indentation on koel necessitates rechecking
> indentation after each and every last-minute fixup affecting C code --
> the interactions makes it quite a bit harder to get everything right
> on the first push. For example, if I spot an issue with a comment
> during final pre-commit review, and fixup that commit, I have to run
> pgindent again. On a long enough timeline, I'm going to forget to do
> that.

I also just discovered that my pre-commit hook doesn't work if I pull
commits into master by cherry-picking. I had thought that I could have
my hook just check my commits to master and not all of my local dev
branches where I really don't want to mess with this when I'm just
banging out a rough draft of something. But now I see that I'm going
to need to work harder on this if I actually want it to catch all the
ways I might screw this up.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com