Re: documentation structure

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: documentation structure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 5:25 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I'd say that a separate file per AM is a good thing regardless.
> Elsewhere in this same thread are grumblings about how big func.sgml
> is; why would you think it good to start down that same path for the
> AM documentation?

Well, I suppose I thought it was a good idea because (1) we don't seem
to have any existing precedent for file-per-sect1 rather than
file-per-chapter and (2) all of the per-AM files combined are less
than 20% of the size of func.sgml.

But, OK, if you want to establish a new paradigm here, sure. I see two
ways to do it. We can either put the <chapter> tag directly in
postgres.sgml, or I can still create a new indextypes.sgml and put
&btree; etc. inside of it. Which way do you prefer?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com