Re: postgres_fdw test timeouts

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: postgres_fdw test timeouts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Thomas,

03.12.2023 02:48, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Thanks for finding this correlation.  Yeah, poking around in the cfbot
> history database I see about 1 failure like that per day since that
> date, and there doesn't seem to be anything else as obviously likely
> to be related to wakeups and timeouts.  I don't understand what's
> wrong with the logic, and I think it would take someone willing to
> debug it locally to figure that out.  Unless someone has an idea, I'm
> leaning towards reverting that commit and leaving the relatively minor
> problem that it was intended to fix as a TODO

I've managed to reproduce the failure locally when running postgres_fdw_x/
regress in parallel (--num-processes 10). It reproduced for me on
on 04a09ee94 (iterations 1, 2, 4), but not on 04a09ee94~1 (30 iterations
passed).

I'm going to investigate this case within days. Maybe we could find a
better fix for the issue.

Best regards,
Alexander