Re: Parsing config files in a directory

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Parsing config files in a directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2009/10/24 Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>:
> On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 18:34 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> Did you look at the patch?
>
> I did, yes. But no docs with it. It would be good to see the proposal,
> not just the patch (or a reference to the written proposal from
> earlier).

We discussed it at the developer meeting - I believe you were there by phone.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2009_Developer_Meeting

See the section on auto tuning, including an action list.

>> That's basically what it does now, except
>> it doesn't add a parameter in postgresql.conf. If you lkeave the
>> pg_config directory empty, it will just parse the postgresql.conf file
>> just like before, and that's it. only if you put something in the
>> pg_config directory will it load it, and only *after* it has loaded
>> the main configuration file.
>
> OK, I didn't pick up on that. So now I like it, apart from one thing: I
> would prefer to have explicit control over that (via the directive I
> mentioned or otherwise), rather than just doing that implicitly. Doing
> things implicitly will make it even harder for most people to trace
> which parameters will get picked up and stupid mistakes will be made on
> production servers.

So you're suggesting an includedir parameter, right? And one such
parameter at the bottom of the default postgresql.conf file, with the
ability to remove it and/or add others, correct?

Сообщение: Re: Parsing config files in a directory
Сообщение: Re: Parsing config files in a directory