Re: broken master regress tests

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: broken master regress tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2023-12-12 at 18:56 -0800, Noah Misch wrote:
> > Yea. I wonder if the better fix would have been to copy
> > setenv("LC_MESSAGES", "C", 1);
> > to the initdb template creation. That afaict also fixes the issue,
> > with a
> > smaller blast radius?
>
> +1, that would restore the testing semantics known from v16-.  I
> think the
> intent of the template was to optimize without changing semantics,
> and the
> above proposal aligns with that.  Currently, for v17 alone, one needs
> installcheck or build file hacks to reproduce a locale-specific test
> failure.

Attached.

I just changed --no-locale to --lc-messages=C, which I think solves it
in the right place with minimal blast radius. Andres, did you literally
mean C setenv() somewhere, or is this what you had in mind?

I also noticed that collate.linux.utf8.sql seems to be skipped on my
machine because of the "version() !~ 'linux-gnu'" check, even though
I'm running Ubuntu. Is that test getting run often enough?

And relatedly, is it worth thinking about extending pg_regress to
report skipped tests so it's easier to find these kinds of problems?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения