Re: Include PostgresNIO Swift client in the Documentation

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Include PostgresNIO Swift client in the Documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 8/21/23 7:58 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 11 Aug 2023, at 02:23, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
>> The last time this came up, I think we discussed linking to the wiki page from the docs, vs. trying to keep the docs
up-to-datewith all of the drivers available. Perhaps it's worth seeing if we want to make any changes to the docs page
priorto the v16 GA?

> The docs page does mention that the list is likely to be incomplete, with the
> following sentence, but there is no mention of the Wiki page at all:
>
>      "Table H.1 includes a list of some of these projects."
>
> That being said, a lot of readers will likely skim over and immediately look at
> the table, missing the small disclaimer.  I wonder if we aren't serving our
> users better by removing the table and only referring to the Wiki page?  Having
> two lists will prompt the discussion of what to include where over and over
> again, which isn't helping anyone.

This is what I was saying. I was waiting on attempting a patch to see if
there was consensus. There's now a couple of threads now with similar
suggestions, I'll work on getting patches ready.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения