Re: Include PostgresNIO Swift client in the Documentation

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Include PostgresNIO Swift client in the Documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 8/21/23 10:55 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 8/21/23 7:58 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>> On 11 Aug 2023, at 02:23, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The last time this came up, I think we discussed linking to the wiki
>>> page from the docs, vs. trying to keep the docs up-to-date with all
>>> of the drivers available. Perhaps it's worth seeing if we want to
>>> make any changes to the docs page prior to the v16 GA?
>>
>> The docs page does mention that the list is likely to be incomplete,
>> with the
>> following sentence, but there is no mention of the Wiki page at all:
>>
>>      "Table H.1 includes a list of some of these projects."
>>
>> That being said, a lot of readers will likely skim over and
>> immediately look at
>> the table, missing the small disclaimer.  I wonder if we aren't
>> serving our
>> users better by removing the table and only referring to the Wiki
>> page?  Having
>> two lists will prompt the discussion of what to include where over and
>> over
>> again, which isn't helping anyone.
>
> This is what I was saying. I was waiting on attempting a patch to see if
> there was consensus. There's now a couple of threads now with similar
> suggestions, I'll work on getting patches ready.

Suggested patch attached. Notes:

1. Replaced language to reference the wiki page
2. Replaced table with the URL
3. Changed the "licenses" comment to be more affirmative, i.e., there
are language interfaces that are released under licenses different than
the PostgreSQL Licence.

Jonathan

Вложения