Re: PANIC serves too many masters

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: PANIC serves too many masters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'd be inclined to keep PANIC with its current meaning, and
> incrementally change call sites where we decide that's not the
> best behavior.  I think those will be a minority, maybe a small
> minority.  (PANIC_EXIT had darn well better be a small minority.)

Is the error level the right way to express what we want to happen? It
seems like what we really want is to decide on the behavior, i.e.
restart or not, and generate core or not. That could be done a
different way, like:

  ereport(PANIC,
          (errmsg("could not locate a valid checkpoint record"),
           errabort(false),errrestart(false)));

Regards,
    Jeff Davis