Re: pg_basebackup check vs Windows file path limits

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_basebackup check vs Windows file path limits
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-07-03 Mo 11:18, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

On 2023-07-03 Mo 10:16, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
On 3 Jul 2023, at 16:12, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
I've pushed a better solution, which creates the file via a short symlink. Experimentation on fairywren showed this working.
The buildfarm seems a tad upset after this?

Yeah :-(

I think it should be fixing itself now.

But sadly we're kinda back where we started. fairywren is failing on REL_16_STABLE. Before the changes the failure occurred because the test script was unable to create the file with a path > 255. Now that we have a way to create the file the test for pg_basebackup to reject files with names > 100 fails, I presume because the server can't actually see the file. At this stage I'm thinking the best thing would be to skip the test altogether on windows if the path is longer than 255.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan