Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files

От Tobias Bussmann
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> pg_basebackup: error: backup failed: ERROR:  invalid segment number 0 in file ".DS_Store"

This seem to be the same problem as already discussed in [1]: Tools like pg_basebackup and pg_checksums can get upset
ifthere are random extra files in $PGDATA/base, /global or /pg_tblspc. Unfortunately, macOS has the habit to create
suchfiles quite easily. If I read the outcome correctly, we are back at a blacklist approach, so adding ".DS_Store" may
besomething to consider.

[1]: <https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20181021134206.GA14282%40paquier.xyz>