Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tobias Bussmann <t.bussmann@gmx.net> writes:
>> pg_basebackup: error: backup failed: ERROR:  invalid segment number 0 in file ".DS_Store"
> This seem to be the same problem as already discussed in [1]: Tools like pg_basebackup and pg_checksums can get upset
ifthere are random extra files in $PGDATA/base, /global or /pg_tblspc. Unfortunately, macOS has the habit to create
suchfiles quite easily. If I read the outcome correctly, we are back at a blacklist approach, so adding ".DS_Store" may
besomething to consider.
> [1]: <https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20181021134206.GA14282%40paquier.xyz>

Yeah.  I wonder if we ought to do something more general, and
ignore all files whose names start with ".".

От: Tobias Bussmann
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
От: Pavel Borisov
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17847: Unaligned memory access in ltree_gist