Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 18 Mar 2024, at 13:57, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> my proposal is something like this, taking a
> bunch of text from Jelte's patch and some inspiration from Magnus's
> earlier remarks:

I still think any wording should clearly mention that settings in the file are
still applied.  The proposed wording says to implicitly but to avoid confusion
I think it should be explicit.

> Perhaps figuring out how to
> document this is best left to a separate thread, and there's also the
> question of whether a new section that talks about this also ought to
> talk about anything else. But I feel like we're way overdue to do
> something about this.

Seconded, both that it needs to be addressed and that it should be done on a
separate thread from this one.

--
Daniel Gustafsson