Re: RFC: a new try for an official community approved certification

От Chris Mair
Тема Re: RFC: a new try for an official community approved certification
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy

>> Note that LPI-Japan (a non profit organization) already has a Postgres-certification
>> exam that can be taken world-wide through Pearson-VUE:
>>
>> https://oss-db.jp/eng_exam
>>
>> AFAIK right now this is Japanese-only. But there have been attempts to offer this in
>> English too - see this old thread:
>
> I heard from LPI-Japan that they have already offered English
> PostgreSQL certifications:
>
> https://oss-db.jp/eng_exam
> https://lpi.or.jp/en/
> --
> Tatsuo Ishii
> SRA OSS LLC
> English: http://www.sraoss.co.jp/index_en/
> Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Hi all,

we have confirmation that LPI-Japan is offering their OSS-DB in english
once again! I'm forwarding, with permission, the below message that was sent
off-list.

Bye,
Chris.

> From: 浅利康二 <koji.asari@lpi.or.jp>
> Subject: Re: RFC: a new try for an official community approved certification
> Date: 14 June 2023 at 08:17:05 CEST
>
> Hello all,
>
> Thank you for the introduction, Ishii-san!
> We started to conduct the OSS-DB certification in 2011, which is a PostgreSQL certification that was taken over from
SRAOSS.
> And, many candidates take the exam and the number is still increasing every year.
> Major exam takers are Japanese currently, but we also have the English version of the OSS-DB exam and you can take
theexam at a number of Pearson Vue locations around the world.

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: RFC: a new try for an official community approved certification
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: RFC: a new try for an official community approved certification