Re: Upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian install

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/2/19 11:28 AM, stan wrote:
> I have several machines that have version 11 instances on them. These are
> all Debian or Ubuntu machines. All of them are pointed to the Postgres
> repositories fro the Postgres binaries
>
> deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg main
>
> dpkg -l shows:
>
> ii  postgresql-11                         11.6-1.pgdg100+1
> ii  postgresql-12                         12.1-1.pgdg100+1
> ii  postgresql-client-11                  11.6-1.pgdg100+1
> ii  postgresql-client-12                  12.1-1.pgdg100+1
> ii  postgresql-client-common              210.pgdg100+1
> ii  postgresql-common                       210.pgdg100+1
> ii  postgresql-contrib                       12+210.pgdg100+1
> ii  postgresql-server-dev-11               11.6-1.pgdg100+1
>

> Googling around, I found this link:
>
> https://scottlinux.com/2015/11/14/upgrade-postgresql-on-debian-jessie-with-pg_upgradecluster/
>
> I plan on upgrading one of the test instances right away. Is the
> information in this link the best way to do this in a Debian environment? I
> did look at the  pg_upgrade documentation, and it looks like I could really
> make a mess if I misunderstand even one step.

Yes as pointed out previously:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20191107161401.GA24371@hjp.at

For more info:

man pg_upgradecluster

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: stan
Сообщение: Upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian install
От: David Wheeler
Сообщение: Re: Connection terminated but client didn't realise