Upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian install

От stan
Тема Upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have several machines that have version 11 instances on them. These are
all Debian or Ubuntu machines. All of them are pointed to the Postgres
repositories fro the Postgres binaries

deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg main

dpkg -l shows:

ii  postgresql-11                         11.6-1.pgdg100+1
ii  postgresql-12                         12.1-1.pgdg100+1
ii  postgresql-client-11                  11.6-1.pgdg100+1
ii  postgresql-client-12                  12.1-1.pgdg100+1
ii  postgresql-client-common              210.pgdg100+1
ii  postgresql-common                       210.pgdg100+1
ii  postgresql-contrib                       12+210.pgdg100+1
ii  postgresql-server-dev-11               11.6-1.pgdg100+1

Googling around, I found this link:

https://scottlinux.com/2015/11/14/upgrade-postgresql-on-debian-jessie-with-pg_upgradecluster/

I plan on upgrading one of the test instances right away. Is the
information in this link the best way to do this in a Debian environment? I
did look at the  pg_upgrade documentation, and it looks like I could really
make a mess if I misunderstand even one step.

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin