Re: Re: PROPOSAL: make PostgreSQL sanitizers-friendly (and prevent information disclosure)

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: Re: PROPOSAL: make PostgreSQL sanitizers-friendly (and prevent information disclosure)
Дата
Re: Re: PROPOSAL: make PostgreSQL sanitizers-friendly (and prevent information disclosure)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/21/2016 10:21 AM, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:

> Well in this case here is a patch that fixes "use of uninitialized
> value" reports by MemorySanitizer I managed to catch so far.

I'm new here so someone more experienced would have to weigh in,
but I would wonder a couple of things:

a. whether a braced struct assignment is supported in every  C compiler that PostgreSQL still intends to support

b. whether such a struct assignment is guaranteed to initialize  padding spaces as well as declared fields (in all
supported C versions/compilers).

It's possible that memset() would be more convincing.

-Chap

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Support parallel aggregation.
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Support parallel aggregation.