Re: {**Spam**} Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: {**Spam**} Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> Le Thursday 07 February 2008 17:19:26 Tom Lane, vous avez écrit :
>>> Not having looked into exactly how it works and if it's something we
>>> want, but if we want to, any reason we can't just point it at the svn
>>> mirror?
>> Synchronization problems scare me.
>
> AIUI we're talking about one way synchronization (from CVS to SVN) only, and
> that's considering review-board is not able to do CVS directly (which seems
> wrong).

yes - CVS works just fine

> The quick doc reading I've made showed a read-only tool at the SCM side ---
> the accepted patch won't get commited for you by the tool.

this seems to be true too from what I see on the test-install

>> The point I tried to make earlier was that if we actually started to
>> rely on such a tool, we'd want to fix it to talk to CVS.
>
> Others are pointing it does in fact talk to CVS even if the documentation
> about this is... to be written.

well CVS is a simply as selecting "CVS" in the admin interface and seems
to be the only scm that it works without installing additional python
libraries :-)

Stefan