Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2023-05-09 at 10:25 +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I agree with removing these in v16, since they are going to become
> more
> meaningless and confusing.

Agreed, but it would be nice to have an alternative that does the right
thing.

It's awkward for a user to read pg_database.datlocprovider, then
depending on that, either look in datcollate or daticulocale. (It's
awkward in the code, too.)

Maybe some built-in function that returns a tuple of the default
provider, the locale, and the version? Or should we also output the
ctype somehow (which affects the results of upper()/lower())?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis