Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
>>I actually have always thought that the MySQL gotchas page was objective
>>and well-researched.  It's not an "argument" as such, just facts.
>>

>I think the point is that it's not important if it is true or not, facts
>or not; we shouldn't be showing someone else's problems to whoever wants
>to know about Postgres.

I disagree with the above. I believe we shouldn't say:

MySQL sucks because....

But to say:

MySQL does it this way:

PostgreSQL does it this way:

I think you could even go so far as to say:

MySQL allows the entry of invalid timestamps such as $value.

Those are just facts. There is nothing wrong with displaying the facts
about a product
in comparison to another product. That is why all those marketing guys
love those
comparison charts that get put all over websites.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL
От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL