Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> > That syntax is a lot like a real SQL9x INSERT.
>
> Multiple row constructors in INSERT is one of my to-do items for the
> planned querytree redesign.  I have not thought it was worth messing
> with until we're ready to bite that bullet, however.

What is the status of this querytree redesign ?

I'v spent some time trying to get a grip ofthe _exact_ meaning of the
WITH RECURSIVE syntax in SQL3/99 as I badly need it in a project of
mine.

(I know the _general_ meaning - it is for querying tree-structured data
;)

The things the new querytree should address sould be (at least ;) -

1. OUTER JOINS
2. WITH RECURSIVE
3. Support for positioned UPDATE & DELETE (requires probably lot more
than just querytree redesign)
4. Easyer special-casing of optimisations (like using an index on x for  'select max(x) from t', but not for 'select
max(x)from t where n=7'

Is the special mailing-list for querytree redesing active ?

Hannu

Сообщение: Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)
Сообщение: Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)