Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> What is the status of this querytree redesign ?

Waiting for 7.2 cycle, as far as I know.

> The things the new querytree should address sould be (at least ;) -
> 2. WITH RECURSIVE

I don't think RECURSIVE is a querytree issue --- it looks like a much
bigger problem than that :-(

The things I'm concerned about fixing with querytree redesign are* full SQL92 joins* subselects in FROM* view bugs
(groupingand aggregates in views)* INSERT ... SELECT bugs* reimplement UNION/INTERSECT/EXCEPT in a less hacky way,
makecases like SELECT ... UNION ... ORDER BY work.  Not to mention UNION etc in a subselect or in INSERT/SELECT.*
convertWHERE x IN (subselect) to a join-like representation

These are all things that have gone unfixed for years because they're
essentially unfixable with the current single-level representation of
a query.

Сообщение: Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)
Сообщение: Re: SQL COPY syntax extension (was: Performance on inserts)