Re: Installation Report for powerpc-apple-netbsdelf1.5

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Installation Report for powerpc-apple-netbsdelf1.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think what you're supposed to do in NetBSD is what was said earlier
> (-Wl,-R/usr/whatever/lib).  Sounds like that conflicts with a lot of
> people's beliefs about how to do it on a lot of other platforms
> though.  It also breaks the "try the regression tests before
> installing" feature.

Not necessarily, since you can override the rpath setting with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (at least on Linux and presumably other gnu-capable
systems).

However, the link set will fail if the path to the directory does not
exist (again, at least for gcc/g++ on Linux and Solaris). That may not
be a problem for most package builders (since things will go in a
standard place) but will cause problems for installing into standalone
areas. Especially for, as you point out, testing before installation.
                    - Thomas