Re: DBD-Pg Install problems

От astromonk
Тема Re: DBD-Pg Install problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
No where in the postgres documentation was I told to set POSTGRES_HOME.  I can connect
to the database from the command line and do everything I need so I assume that
postgreSQL is setup properly.  I am told that DBD installs just fine when postgreSQL is
installed in the default location on RedHat.  I am using Mandrake which should be based
on RedHat.  I am not sure if the Mandrake folks moved postgreSQL files around or not.
confirm?

I checked the documentation and still not sure what I should set POSTGRES_HOME to.
I set it to /usr/lib/pgsql where some files are found and /var/lib/pgsql where other
postgres files are found and tried to install DBD but it still told me that I needed to
set POSTGRES_HOME.  What is DBD looking for anyway?

can anyone shed light on how to get DBD installed on Linux Mandrake 6.0 running
PostgreSQL 6.4.2?  I would prefer RPMS but that is not an option because of the great
RPM consipiracy in that you can never find the latest and greatest of anything in rpm
format until 6months to 1 year after the .tar.gz. (yes even on rpmfind.net or google
search I cannot find the latest DBI/DBD)

thanks for your help

Astro (frustrated)
(Please CC: me if you post to mailing list)