Re: System username in pg_stat_activity

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: System username in pg_stat_activity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I mean, we could split it into more than one view. But adding a new
> view for every new thing we want to show is also not very good from
> either a usability or performance perspective.  So where would we put
> it?

It'd have to be a new view with a row per session, showing static
(or at least mostly static?) properties of the session.

Could we move some existing fields of pg_stat_activity into such a
view?  In any case, there'd have to be a key column to use to join
it to pg_stat_activity.

I'm not sure that this is worth the trouble TBH.  If it can be shown
that pulling a few fields out of pg_stat_activity actually does make
for a useful speedup, then maybe OK ... but Andres hasn't provided
any evidence that there's a measurable issue.