Re: AIX support

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AIX support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sriram RK <sriram.rk@outlook.com> writes:
> We are working on AIX systems and noticed that the thread on removing AIX support in Postgres going forward.
> https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/0b16bb8776bb834eb1ef8204ca95dd7667ab948b
> We would be glad to understand any outstanding issues hindering the
> support on AIX.

Did you read the linked thread?  Starting say about here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20240224172345.32%40rfd.leadboat.com#8b41e50c2190c82c861d91644eed9c30

> Also we would like to provide any feasible support from our end for enabling the support on AIX.

Who is "we", and how much resources are you prepared to put into this?

> We would request the community to extend the support on AIX ..

The community, in the sense of the existing people doing significant
work on Postgres, are absolutely not going to do that.  If you can
bring a bunch of work to fix all the problems noted in the discussion
thread, and commit to providing ongoing development manpower and
hardware to keep it working, maybe something could happen.  But I
suspect you will find it cheaper to start thinking about migrating
off AIX.