Re: Where's the doc for "array()" — as in "select array(values (17), (42))"

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Where's the doc for "array()" — as in "select array(values (17), (42))"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/18/22 21:20, Bryn Llewellyn wrote:

> Thanks. I can't, even now, formulate a search that finds this—unless I
> know that it's a kind of array constructor. (I'll concede, with the
> benefit of hindsight, that I should have thought of that.) I hope that
> I'll be able to learn to navigate the PG docs better over time.

The way I found it:

1) Use documentation search box.

2) Enter array(

3) It was in the fifth item PostgreSQL: Documentation: 14: 4.2. Value
Expressions. The first four dealt with functions or the index and I knew
they where not relevant.

> Why is the "array()" constructor not found in "pg_proc"? After all,
> section 4.2.12 refers to "array_agg()" as a constructor. And that *is*
> found in "pg_proc".

The only place I see array_agg in 4.2.x is 4.2.7. Aggregate Expressions.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Suggest using boolean index with (bflag is true) condition for the query with (bflag = true) clause
Сообщение: Re: Suggest using boolean index with (bflag is true) condition for the query with (bflag = true) clause