Re: registry vs. environment (was re:binary installer)

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: registry vs. environment (was re:binary installer)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Tom Lane wrote:
> I agree that we do not want to start hacking the parts of the code
that
> depend on environment variables.  A reasonable compromise would
probably
> be to have a small chunk of Windows-specific code at startup that
reads
> the registry and installs the values it finds there by doing putenv().
> Thereafter everything operates the same as on Unix.

putenv() in windows modifies the environment for the current process,
and any process that the process calling putenv creates (but not
globally).   As long as no 3rd party software relies on any env.
variables, then this is ok.

Merlin

Сообщение: Re: registry vs. environment (was re:binary installer)
Сообщение: Re: registry vs. environment (was re:binary installer)