Re: registry vs. environment (was re:binary installer)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: registry vs. environment (was re:binary installer)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> I think there are a couple of things about this issue that have not been
> completely thought out.  Moving off of an environment based home
> variable should not be taken lightly.  Switching the runtime environment
> variables to use the registry will have several unintended consequences:

I agree that we do not want to start hacking the parts of the code that
depend on environment variables.  A reasonable compromise would probably
be to have a small chunk of Windows-specific code at startup that reads
the registry and installs the values it finds there by doing putenv().
Thereafter everything operates the same as on Unix.