Re: Add annotation syntax to pg_hba.conf entries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add annotation syntax to pg_hba.conf entries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> You're probably not going to like this answer very much, but this
> doesn't seem particularly worthwhile to me.

Yeah, I was unconvinced about the number of use-cases too.
As you say, some support from other potential users could convince
me otherwise, but right now the evidence seems thin.

> The argument for this
> feature is not that this information needs to exist, but that it needs
> to be queryable from within PostgreSQL.

Not only that, but that it needs to be accessible via the
pg_hba_file_rules view.  Superusers could already see the
pg_hba file's contents via pg_read_file().

Again, that's not an argument that this is a bad idea.
But it's an answer that would likely satisfy some fraction
of whatever potential users are out there, which makes the
question of how many use-cases really exist even more
pressing.

Сообщение: Re: Pre-proposal: unicode normalized text
Сообщение: Re: Pre-proposal: unicode normalized text