Re: Is the "x ms" info reliable?

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Is the "x ms" info reliable?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Have you tried using the "Explain analyze" function (Shift-F7)?
That's what it's for.

Melvin Davidson

Folk Alley - All Folk - 24 Hours a day
www.folkalley.com

From: "hushthatbush@hushmail.com" <hushthatbush@hushmail.com>
To: "pgadmin-support@postgresql.org" <pgadmin-support@postgresql.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2015 3:13 PM
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Is the "x ms" info reliable?

In the query window's bottom-right corner, after running a query, it says how long it took. It's ambiguous how exactly this is is calculated. It seems to not take into account the lag from the slow-ass SSH tunnel.

Basically, I wanna know how fast the command *actually* is. Not how long it took to run and then get delivered to pgAdmin via the incredibly sluggish SSH tunnel. The actual, in-app query is run on the same machine, and should be much, much faster.

Is it possible to get this "real time" rather than the "pointless time"?

PS: I hate the command-line psql tool and I don't want anything to do with it.