Re: Hot standby 9.2.6 -> 9.2.6 PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Hot standby 9.2.6 -> 9.2.6 PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2014-01-13 23:29:59 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> I don't think that saves us. standbyMode can be STANDBY_SNAPSHOT_READY,
>> before we reach consistency. Adding a check for reachedConsistency, though,
>> ought to fix it.

> Maybe we should just put LocalHotStandbyActive into xlog_internal.h?
> That'd be enough for the startup process. Or alternatively add a check
> for EnableHotStandby into HotStandbyActive() so we don't take the
> spinlock if it's not enabled?

After a little bit of research, I propose that we add a function like
this in xlog.c:

/*
 * Like HotStandbyActive(), but to be used only in WAL replay code,
 * where we don't need to ask any other process what the state is.
 */
bool
HotStandbyActiveStartup(void)
{
    Assert(AmStartupProcess());
    return LocalHotStandbyActive;
}

Any objections?  Bikeshedding on the name?

Сообщение: Re: Hot standby 9.2.6 -> 9.2.6 PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages
Сообщение: Re: Hot standby 9.2.6 -> 9.2.6 PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages