Re: fork/exec patch: pre-CreateProcess finalization

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fork/exec patch: pre-CreateProcess finalization
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Claudio Natoli <claudio.natoli@memetrics.com> writes:
> I wasn't suggesting that we somehow put the Dllist in shared memory. I was
> advocating completely replacing the BackendList dlllist with this array,
> under both Win32 and *nix case.

Right, that's what I understood you to be proposing, and I dislike it on
robustness grounds.  One of the most important functions of the
postmaster is to survive backend crashes --- as soon as you put any of
its state where backends could clobber it, you compromise that function.

Сообщение: Re: fork/exec patch: pre-CreateProcess finalization
Сообщение: Re: fork/exec patch: pre-CreateProcess finalization