Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Feb-27, Andrey M. Borodin wrote:

> Sorry for the late reply, I have one nit. Are you sure that
> multixact_members and multixact_offsets are plural, while transaction
> and commit_timestamp are singular?
> Maybe multixact_members and multixact_offset? Because there are many
> members and one offset for a givent multixact? Users certainly do not
> care, thought...

I made myself the same question actually, and thought about putting them
both in the singular.  I only backed off because I noticed that the
directories themselves are in plural (an old mistake of mine, evidently).
Maybe we should follow that instinct and use the singular for these.

If we do that, we can rename the directories to also appear in singular
when/if the patch to add standard page headers to the SLRUs lands --
which is going to need code to rewrite the files during pg_upgrade
anyway, so the rename is not going to be a big deal.

"Crear es tan difícil como ser libre" (Elsa Triolet)