Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations

От Sutou Kouhei
Тема Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

In <ZcMIDgkdSrz5ibvf@paquier.xyz>
  "Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations" on Wed, 7 Feb 2024 13:33:18 +0900,
  Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> Hmm.  That explains why I was not seeing any differences with this
> callback then.  It seems to me that the order of actions to take is
> clear, like:
> - Revert 2889fd23be56 to keep a clean state of the tree, now done with
> 1aa8324b81fa.

Done.

> - Dive into the strlen() issue, as it really looks like this can
> create more simplifications for the patch discussed on this thread
> with COPY TO.

Done: b619852086ed2b5df76631f5678f60d3bebd3745

> - Revisit what we have here, looking at more profiles to see how HEAD
> an v13 compare.  It looks like we are on a good path, but let's tackle
> things one step at a time.

Are you already working on this? Do you want me to write the
next patch based on the current master?

Thanks,
--
kou