Re: meson: catalog/syscache_ids.h isn't installed

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: meson: catalog/syscache_ids.h isn't installed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Feb-05, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 05, 2024 at 03:55:36PM +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> > Peter, could you check this fix as it seems the recent commits forgot
> > to update the meson.build file?
>
> The patched code is telling us that we're forgetting to install
> syscache_ids.h in the set of headers that should be part of the
> server-side includes installed.  In short, Sutou-san is right, this
> is the right fix, and this is a thinko from 9b1a6f50b91d.

What the original rule said was that the file should be installed in
'false', and now we want it installed in include/catalog.  So the
oversight is that the original commit seems to have said that we didn't
want the file installed (that's what 'false' means), which is a strange
decision.

The docs here
https://mesonbuild.com/Reference-manual_functions.html#custom_target_install_dir
seem to explain this well.

"But static content is just dynamic content that isn't moving!"
                http://smylers.hates-software.com/2007/08/15/fe244d0c.html