Re: BUG #17967: [msvc-x86] Failed to build with error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __BitScanReverse64 referen

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #17967: [msvc-x86] Failed to build with error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __BitScanReverse64 referen
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #17967: [msvc-x86] Failed to build with error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __BitScanReverse64 referen  (Mo Youmiu <moyoumiu@outlook.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello Mo Youmiu,

On 2023-Jun-08, Mo Youmiu wrote:

> Thanks for your replies and corrections, and apologies for the confusing version I mentioned.
>
> For this commit, PostgreSQL was successfully built with msvc on both x86 and amd64.
>
> Glad my report was helpful.

You know what else would be extremely helpful?  A buildfarm animal that
runs with this configuration.  We should have noticed this problem as
soon as that problematic commit was introduced; a buildfarm animal would
have alerted us to it pretty much immediately rather than four months
after the fact.  Would you be in a position to running one?  It's a
moderately easy task, you just need to keep a machine (or VM) running
permanently.  You can find instructions here:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Buildfarm_Howto

Regards

--
Álvaro Herrera