Re: Making background psql nicer to use in tap tests

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Making background psql nicer to use in tap tests
Дата
Re: Making background psql nicer to use in tap tests  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-04-07 15:32:12 +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> > On 5 Apr 2023, at 23:44, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> >
> > Unless there are objections I plan to get this in before the freeze, in order
> > to have better interactive tests starting with 16.  With a little bit of
> > documentation polish I think it's ready.
>
> When looking at the CFBot failure on Linux and Windows (not on macOS) I noticed
> that it was down to the instance lacking IO::Pty.
>
> [19:59:12.609](1.606s) ok 1 - scram_iterations in server side ROLE
> Can't locate IO/Pty.pm in @INC (you may need to install the IO::Pty module) (@INC contains:
/tmp/cirrus-ci-build/src/test/perl/tmp/cirrus-ci-build/src/test/authentication /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.32.1/usr/local/share/perl/5.32.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl5/5.32
/usr/share/perl5/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl/5.32 /usr/share/perl/5.32 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at
/usr/share/perl5/IPC/Run.pmline 1828.

> Skimming the VM creation [0] it seems like it should be though?

Note it just fails on the 32build, not the 64bit build. Unfortunately I don't
think debian's multiarch in bullseye support installing enough of perl in
32bit and 64bit.

We can't have a hard dependency on non-default modules like IO::Pty anyway, so
the test needs to skip if it's not available.

On windows IO::Pty can't be installed, IIRC.

> I don't think we should go ahead with a patch that refactors interactive_psql
> only to SKIP over it in CI (which is what the tab_completion test does now), so
> let's wait until we have that sorted before going ahead.

Maybe I am a bit confused, but isn't that just an existing requirement? Why
would we expect this patchset to change what dependencies use of
interactive_psql() has?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Making background psql nicer to use in tap tests