Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-04-04 18:54:33 +0200, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
>     if (check_on_xid)
>     {
>         if (terminating)
>             appendStringInfo(&err_msg, _("terminating process %d to release replication slot \"%s\" because it
conflictswith recovery"),

>                              pid,
>                              NameStr(slotname));

FWIW, I would just use exactly the same error message as today here.

                        errmsg("terminating process %d to release replication slot \"%s\"",
                               active_pid, NameStr(slotname)),

This is accurate for both the existing and the new case. Then there's no need
to put that string into a stringinfo either.

Greetings,

Andres Freund