Re: No PGDG package for ARM architecture

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: No PGDG package for ARM architecture
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Amit Khandekar 2020-03-16 <CAJ3gD9e2Q9MQxa3DTbS8Jo9D_3GTKrWHyzQvqRuypHBX-=uUkA@mail.gmail.com>
> So, when we see that there are N number of OS/architecture
> combinations for which PGDG does not provide packages, is it so
> because we don't have dedicated machines satisfying the minumum
> requirements like RAM/core/disk ? In other words, is it only a matter
> of providing such machine and adding it up in the buildfarm members
> where it passes the regression tests, or there are are some more
> requirements over and above the machine resource requirements after
> which PGDG can officially support those OS/architecture combinations ?

The buildfarm machines have nothing to do with the build daemons
behind apt.postgresql.org or yum.postgresql.org; they are entirely
different infrastructure.

I guess asking the buildfarm operators if they can spare machines as
build daemons might work, but I haven't had the time to dig into that.
If you care about a specific architecture, it would be nice if you
could arrange that.

Christoph