Re: No PGDG package for ARM architecture

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: No PGDG package for ARM architecture
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Amit Khandekar 2020-03-13 <CAJ3gD9ezKiUgcZDjbUa4svn3A+M_r6QvgOVmarA2aoDR9i+iLA@mail.gmail.com>
> The page https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ says :
> "The PGDG packages are built from the same source as the Debian packages
> (Ubuntu is using the same source for the PostgreSQL server packages as
> well). We try to follow Debian unstable's versions as close as possible"
>
> From the above, I expected that because Ubuntu provides a PostgreSQL
> installable, PostgreSQL also should provide the same through
> apt.postgresql.org ? Am I missing something ?

"Same source" doesn't imply that the same set of architectures is
covered. We are also missing more than a dozen others that Debian is
covering:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=postgresql-12

> I believe due to the absence of these packages in PostgreSQL repositories,
> there is no mention of aarch(64) in the PostgreSQl downloads website :
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/

Are you able to provide a build host for arm64? Specs would be
something like >= 8 cores, 8 GB of RAM, 100 GB disk, root access.

Christoph