Re: pgsql: Avoid -Wconversion warnings when using checksum_impl.h

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Avoid -Wconversion warnings when using checksum_impl.h
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Thu, Mar 05, 2020 at 07:32:59PM -0500, David Steele wrote:
> FWIW, we use static values in our unit tests (which are written in C), then
> test against packaged versions of Postgres for integration tests.
>
> When I saw the commit I pulled it in so I could remove instructions for the
> manual step to add the cast.  So in this case the issue was apparent really
> quickly.  Normally we only pull in new code from PostgreSQL once a year.
>
> We think our unit tests against static values may have endianess issues but
> we have not verified that one way or the other.  Here's what they look like:

https://github.com/pgbackrest/pgbackrest/blob/e55443c890181ea63a350275447885331c8254e4/test/src/module/postgres/interfaceTest.c#L182

By doing so, the tests still fail if the page size is something else
than 8k, no?
--
Michael

Вложения

От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Avoid -Wconversion warnings when using checksum_impl.h
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Avoid -Wconversion warnings when using checksum_impl.h