Re: assert pg_class.relnatts is consistent

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: assert pg_class.relnatts is consistent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 04:51:01PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> I would think the answer to that would be related to the answer of why
> you think we need this assert in the first place?

Taking this thread independently, and even after reading the thread
mentioned upthread, I still don't quite understand why this change
could be a good thing and in which cases it actually helps.  The code
includes no comments and the commit log says nothing either, so it is
hard to follow what you are thinking here even if you are splitting
the effort across multiple thread.  Please note that the style of the
code is not project-like, so you should try to indent it.  And why
does it matter to check this portion of the catalogs?  Also, such
checks are not really needed in non-assert builds, if actually
needed.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: assert pg_class.relnatts is consistent
Сообщение: Re: assert pg_class.relnatts is consistent